Join NRA

CPX-1 MSRP Change

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 and CPX-2 compact 9mm handguns.

CPX-1 MSRP Change

Postby StogieC » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:34 am

The first copies of the CPX-1 had a $289.99 MSRP.  I'll take it as a sign of the success of the little pistol that they are backordered and the MSRP is now $339.99 in Black or Two-Tone.

In a shameless plug for our sponsor...  Wholesale Express / GunPartsPlus.com is still selling them for $250.00 Shipped.
I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having.
StogieC
Site Admin

Postby rachilders » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:27 pm

I guess I must have got a REALLY good deal when I bought my CPX last month for $220!
If wronged grant me justice. If denied justice, grant me revenge.
rachilders
Seasoned Member

Prices

Postby skyy-pilot » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:12 pm

The skyys are going for $269 in my area right now. Im goin to a gun show mid march and see if I can get a deal on one. Ive also for the money narrowed my search down to the skyy and the taurus mil-pro. Im gathering every bit of info on both guns and handeling as many as I can. Itll be between these two.  Have a great day. Dan..
To ride shoot straight and speak the truth
skyy-pilot
Forum Regular

Postby lillybets » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:08 pm

Nice!  I just had a feeling that our little gun would catch on and that everyone would like them as much as we do  :D
lillybets
Seasoned Member

Postby ronlog » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:06 pm

lillybets wrote:Nice!  I just had a feeling that our little gun would catch on and that everyone would like them as much as we do  :D

How can they not?  :)
The second amendment is our first defense.
ronlog
Topic Moderator

Re: CPX-1 MSRP Change

Postby Anonymous » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:23 pm

StogieC wrote:The first copies of the CPX-1 had a $289.99 MSRP.  I'll take it as a sign of the success of the little pistol that they are backordered and the MSRP is now $339.99 in Black or Two-Tone.

Wow, they haven't been out that long and already a $50 price increase? They really haven't had enough time to prove themselves and the cheaper price would've gotten them into the hands of alot more people. With Kel-Tec's new PF9 a few months away, raising the price on the CPX-1 may end up hurting Skyy more than it will help them.
Anonymous

Re: CPX-1 MSRP Change

Postby ronlog » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:05 pm

JimmyD wrote:
StogieC wrote:The first copies of the CPX-1 had a $289.99 MSRP.  I'll take it as a sign of the success of the little pistol that they are backordered and the MSRP is now $339.99 in Black or Two-Tone.

Wow, they haven't been out that long and already a $50 price increase? They really haven't had enough time to prove themselves and the cheaper price would've gotten them into the hands of alot more people. With Kel-Tec's new PF9 a few months away, raising the price on the CPX-1 may end up hurting Skyy more than it will help them.

With the extra machining done on the CPX, I was surprised it was so inexpensive to begin with. I can't see the PF9 as any special problem.
Nice enough gun, but just a combination of P-11 and the P3AT. If the Skyy didn't exsit I would consider it, but it does.
The second amendment is our first defense.
ronlog
Topic Moderator

Postby Rock and Glock » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:11 pm

MSRP and actual closed sale price are not generally the same.  We'll see if the increase in MSRP "sticks" or not.  The new 9mm to be introduced this summer is MSRP'd at  $389.00 per the Skyy website.  Not much of a spread between the two?
Rock and Glock

"Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using his intelligence; he is just using his memory."  Leonardo da Vinci
Rock and Glock
Veteran Member

Jacksonville, FL Gun Show

Postby Missile Tech » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:19 pm

We picked up 2 of the CPX-1 at the local gun show here on the weekend of 21 July for $200.00 each.  I thought that was a sweet deal.  Take care.
Missile Tech

Postby condeemn » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:39 pm

I went to a gun show in Tampa two weeks ago where I saw them selling from $280 to $340.
condeemn

Postby SKYYShooter » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:05 pm

Yup, I got mine for $280 plus change OTD.  I got a free speed loader and box of ammo with it too... If you knew the Savannah area you'd know how they jack up the prices making this one a really good deal.
Snakebite leader, Bravo Six, for the record, it's my call.  Dump everything you got left on my position.  I say again, I want all you're holding INSIDE the perimeter. It's a lovely war. Bravo Six Actual, Out. -- CPT Harris, Platoon
SKYYShooter

Postby StogieC » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:43 am

Impact Guns, sells the CPX-1 for $239.99

And they support the forum.
I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having.
StogieC
Site Admin

Postby rachilders » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:09 pm

The MSRP may have changed, but I saw several CPX-1's for sale at a local gun show a few weeks ago and they were going for $240.

I currently own two CPX-1's. When I bought my first CPX (blue finish) in January of '06, it cost me less than $230 while my second CPX (a two tone purchased 11/06) ran $240, so there hasn't been an increase in our area since before last Christmas.
Last edited by rachilders on Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
If wronged grant me justice. If denied justice, grant me revenge.
rachilders
Seasoned Member

Postby Anna's Dad » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:19 am

rachilders wrote:The MSRP may have changed, but I saw several CPX-1's for sale at a local gun show a few weeks ago and they were going for $240.

Last gun show that I attended and looked at the CPX-1 had them for $280 but all will "negotiate" lower.  I think the real going price is probably closer to $250.

I'm amazed that someone was selling them for $200--that's better than I've seen anywhere and would be hard to pass up.
Anna's Dad
Anna's Dad
Forum Regular

Postby silversides » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:39 pm

Skyy must be doing something right! I stopped by one the local gun stores in my area. They only had one left, and it was being used as a demo on the shooting range. I'm interested in it. I was told by one of the employees there that it has had about 50 rounds shot through it. I asked if the CPX-1 would be considered used. He said no. In a way it will not bother me if I decide to buy it, since the they have been testing. Break-in already taking place. Sounds a little odd for me to say this.

Oh yes. Selling price will be $254 plus tax. I just might get it! It looks good and feels likewise.

'Silver'
silversides

Next

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion