Join NRA

CPX-1 trigger pull

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 and CPX-2 compact 9mm handguns.

CPX-1 trigger pull

Postby DeanoD » Mon May 29, 2006 7:04 pm

There are a couple things that annoy me about the trigger. The pull is way too long and heavy. It also doesn't pull as smooth as I would like.

Is it possible to do a polish job on the trigger, lighten the pull and lessen the actual pull length of the trigger.

I'm definitely no expert and tend to compare poly guns to my G19. Even if I could get a smoother trigger pull, it would be a good start.
DeanoD

Postby ronlog » Mon May 29, 2006 8:22 pm

As far as I know all DAO autos have a long trigger pull. Nature of the beast. It has to arm the hammer and release it
I have only compared the CPX-1 with the P-11, but the CPX had the lighter, smoother pull.
The second amendment is our first defense.
ronlog
Topic Moderator

Postby DeanoD » Tue May 30, 2006 10:03 pm

I'll have to agree with you on comparing the P-11. I hated the pull on that gun with a passion. Enough so, that I would never own one. I know you can mod the P-11 trigger to help with fit and pull, but that is not an option at this point with the CPX-1.

When I had the first outing with the CPX-1, I compared it to a couple Glocks, Sigs, Springfields, Walthers, Kimbers and even two .38 +P pistols. One was a hammerless S&W .38+P which shot great btw. Not one person, including me liked the trigger on the CPX-1. They all felt it was very heavy, not smooth and long compared to the other pistols we were shooting that day.

They did like it for many other reasons, but that is not what this post is about. I was hoping for some good data or maybe even some factory input on the trigger design/pull etc. I also thought they might be using these forums to learn what their customers really thought about their product and took that into account with R&D.

I have a few buddies that are gunsmiths, so I might talk to them and see what can be worked out. They have done amazing jobs on Glocks and SA semi-autos.
DeanoD

Postby Captain Ray » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:36 pm

I can only speak for myself..  but I like the long smooth pull of the trigger. I know when it's going to break, and I don't have to adjust my hands at any point.. but that's just me.

If you find a smith that can do a trigger job for the CPX, please report back.. I am sure there would be a market for that kind of thing.

Raymond
"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day." ~Abraham Lincoln~
Captain Ray
Veteran Member

Postby ronlog » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:22 pm

That's what I have been thinking. The triger pull has been one of the selling points of the CPX-1.
I was surprised to see complaints about it,
The second amendment is our first defense.
ronlog
Topic Moderator

Postby 4play » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:57 pm

The one I shot felt about right for a dao, actually slightly smoother than my P11 out of the box.
The trigger is shaped better than the stock P11 for my fat fingers. The neat thing about these polymer guns is how easy it is to re-shape. The P11 did not have any feed issues with WWB or the hollow points, the CPX had issues with both.
4play

Postby rachilders » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:17 am

I've never been a fan of DAO semi's. I personally like the idea of a hammer and most of the DAO triggers have a pull that is too long or rough for my taste. However, I do own two now, a CPX-1 and a P-3AT. I got the K-T because I like the size/caliber combo and the CPX because it was the closest thing to the P-3AT in size I found that was affordable, had a more powerful cartridge and had a DAO trigger I actually liked. BTW, I compared the CPX to a P-11 and the CPX is better built IMHO and has a MUCH better trigger (at least to me) than any other DAO pistol I've tried.

Once the MPX-9 is finally in production, I may end up letting the wife have the K-T as a purse gun if the MPX lives up to expectations... a reasonably priced, P-3AT size gun with better stopping power than the blowback guns in .32 & .380 curently available. Not that I wouldn't carry a .380 (I have a number of them) for personal defense, but 9mm is better. I'd really like a 40 or 45, but in a light weight sem-auto the size of a CPX/MPX, that may be too much to safely/comfortably handle.
If wronged grant me justice. If denied justice, grant me revenge.
rachilders
Seasoned Member

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion