new to fourm, skyy CPX-1 9mm world

Welcome to the Sccy Firearms Forum. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your shooting, hobbies, interests, whatever comes to mind.

new to fourm, skyy CPX-1 9mm world

Postby beekeeperbob » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:34 pm

Juat acquired a CPX-1 9mm today.  I've had other guns but never a pistol. Went to skyy web site and this fourm to learn
about this gun.  Several post mention problem with safety (lever too long gets bumped on when shooting). Another
post mentioned a free kit available to fix problem (shorter safety levers stiffer pins).  Other post say strong wrist
no problem.  If your wrist, or wife's is weak, does anyone know if the "fix it kit " is recommended and still available?
beekeeperbob

Postby ronlog » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:37 pm

Don't know if it is available. check with Sccy.
That has nothing with a stiff wrist though. With a small light gun, any limp wristing will cause dampening of the slide action. This action is needed to eject a spent cartridge and reload a live one. You can end up with a jammed gun. Ungood! especially for self defense.
The second amendment is our first defense.
ronlog
Topic Moderator

Postby Cigan » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:03 pm

I would be very interested to hear if you find out about a safety kit.  I just purchaced the CPX-1.  Loved the feel, unlike the Kel-Tech.  Fired it for the first time today.  I have been shooting for 30 years and can assure you there is no limp writst in my shot.  Yet after every single shot, the safety re-engaged.  If I hold the pistol in shooting grip, wrist locked, and push the gun straight back into my hand, the saftey re-engages.  Since I bought it for CC, this could get me dead.  I can see how to modify the safety but seems like I shouldn't have to on a brand new gun.  Please email me if you have news.  I go back from the range to late to call SCCY today.
Two types of people, "Before" and "After".  The first says "that looks like it will hurt", the latter says "Damn, that hurt!"
Cigan

Postby beekeeperbob » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:16 pm

I did hear from "[email protected]" Nov. 26, 2008. Email said they upgraded safety. Not "a shorter lever, but is stronger material and deeper indents."  You  need to call toll free number !-866-729-7599 and give serial number to your gun, and they will send one out to you.  I have not called them yet, as I plan to go to the gun range tomorrow, with 2 military friends to try out  the CXP-1 for the first time.  I'll try to let you know if we have any problems, or need to call SCCY Industries for upgraded safty.
beekeeperbob

Postby charger22 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:51 pm

Has anyone done this with any amount of luck?  I usually just ride my thub over the top of the safety.  It is not much of a change in grip and no safety engagement at all but would still like an upgrade if there is one.
charger22

Postby Cigan » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:32 pm

Thanks for the tip.  I will call SCCY ASAP.  It may be the shape of my hand or...who knows but I hesitate to modify my grip.  Contorting to fit the gun  is something not likely to be done during, God forbid, a stressful encounter.  I can't imagine how a "stronger material" with "deeper indents" will remedy this as the safety lever simply extends too far into the grip area.   They are the engineers so I will see what they can do.  Thanks again!
Two types of people, "Before" and "After".  The first says "that looks like it will hurt", the latter says "Damn, that hurt!"
Cigan

Postby charger22 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:53 pm

Some people have drilled out the dents to lock the safety in place maybe SCCY just found a happy medium.
charger22

cxp-1 safety

Postby beekeeperbob » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:22 pm

Just got back from shooting the CXP-1 at the gun range, for the first time.  The first 60 rounds were shot one at a time, trying to get use to the feel, trigger, recoil, and sights. My last 3 clips 0f 9 rounds I rapid fired.  Out of my first 87 rounds, I did not  have one single problem with the safety, a misfire, or jam.  I used Winchester 9mm luger, 115 gr. full metal jacket, target/range rounds, and the CXP-1 worked flawlessly!   Most people say I have a very thin, weak wrist,  so I am very pleased with the performance of the CXP-1.
beekeeperbob

Postby ronlog » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:27 pm

good job. Great little gun.
The second amendment is our first defense.
ronlog
Topic Moderator

Postby beekeeperbob » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:31 pm

While my  first time at the gun range with the CXP-1 went flawlessly. (which I posted earlier).I do have one question.  My friend had a Ruger 9mm with an "auto reload" device that fit over the clip. By pressing thumb down, it pushes the rounds into clip making it easier to load next round in.  While his device did work on the CXP-1 clip it seemed a bit large, not a perfect fit. Does Sccy, or any one else, make a device like this that fits the CXP-1 clip??????
beekeeperbob

Postby charger22 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:08 pm

I think Lula makes a universal mag loader for pistols.  Their rifle models work very well.
charger22

Postby Hawthorne2k » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:31 pm

beekeeperbob wrote:While my  first time at the gun range with the CXP-1 went flawlessly. (which I posted earlier).I do have one question.  My friend had a Ruger 9mm with an "auto reload" device that fit over the clip. By pressing thumb down, it pushes the rounds into clip making it easier to load next round in.  While his device did work on the CXP-1 clip it seemed a bit large, not a perfect fit. Does Sccy, or any one else, make a device like this that fits the CXP-1 clip??????

I bought something identical to this at the local Bass Pro Shop, but look around they're very common, and it works like a charm on both my Sccy and CZ.
Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalace.
- Fil. 4:13
www.exurbanleague.com
Hawthorne2k
Seasoned Member

Return to Introductions