Join NRA

Laser sights?????

Forum for the discussion of SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 9mm compact pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

Laser sights?????

Postby wb32141 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:15 pm

anyone know if we have any options on this one??? I might like this for my wife at home. Do they make them or do any from another work?

Thanks in advance.
wb32141

Postby Captain Ray » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:15 am

I wouldn't think laser sights for a compact pistol like the SKYY are going to be made any time soon. It just doesn't make sense. This is a pretty close in and personal type of gun... As far as I know, tactical devices like lasers and lights are more practical on tactical type weapons.

Raymond
"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day." ~Abraham Lincoln~
Captain Ray
Veteran Member

Postby sigma_pete » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:13 pm

None that I'm away of and I wouldn't expect to see any anytime soon. If you really want one, there are universal ones that clamp onto the trigger guard.

Now for my $0.02 on this issue ...

I have a Lasermax internal laser (replaces recoil spring rod assembly) for my Sig P226. There's a great "cool" factor to having it but I only used it once at the range and never again since then. I"m not sure I would ever remember to turn it on in a real emergency situation. Besides the pulsing red dot would give away my location to the bad guy. Next time, I'd spend the money on upgrading to tritium sights (glow in the dark) and have a good chunk of pocket change to spare for more practice ammo.

BTW, this is not meant to be a slam on Lasermax. It performs great and adds zero bulk to the pistol unlike most other brands. I'd probably still go with it again if I wanted another laser. I just don't see much benefit to laser sights in general.
Sigma_Pete
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Muzzleloading Rifle Instructor

George Orwell: "That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
sigma_pete
Seasoned Member

Laser Sights

Postby billdeserthills » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:41 am

Hi, I'm an FFL in Arizona. I just ordered 6 of the Arma Laser laser sights. They don't currently make a sight for any Skyy model firearm, but if enough people will ask for it they will begin. The sights I ordered will fit Glock, Kahr & The KT guns that are so disliked here. I'd really like to begin stocking the Skyy firearms in my shop, unfortunatewly the company has never gotten back to me since I mailed my FFL 2 weeks ago.
billdeserthills

Postby ronlog » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:30 am

I don't think anyone actually dislikes those guns. Some have at least one of each and like them a lot. Just voicing their opinion of the CPX-1
The second amendment is our first defense.
ronlog
Topic Moderator

Laser Sights

Postby billdeserthills » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:48 am

Since my last post I have received the Skyy firearms I ordered, and have placed them in my display area in my gunshop. I also received the 6 Arma-Lasers I ordered. I ordered two of each laser they currently offer, and I have installed one of each on the guns I have, so I have a Kahr CW-9 w/ a laser on it, also a Glock and a Kel-Tec. The laser sight works great and the Kel-Tec and Kahr lasers are adjustable for both evevation and windage, while the Glock laser is only adjustable for windage, as it is sighted in at about 20 feet at the factory. The things that attracted me to the Arma-Laser product were the fit and function. When mounted, they really look like part of the gun, the function is neat. First thing is you can turn on the switch under the laser, at this point it is armed and will turn on after you slip your finger into the trigger guard of the gun. Sometimes you have to physically touch the metal stud, to actuate the laser, but it isn't much of a reach to do that. Once the laser does turn on, it will stay lit for 12 seconds, then it will be on standby until you touch the metal area inside the triggerguard again. Arma-Laser estimates about a year of battery life, and the batteries are a common type that can be found in any mall, Target, Walmart, etc... About the only other thing is the need for a holster, which I have found at Grandfather Oak. Actually I placed a pretty good order with them, as I could not resist all the neat stuff he makes. Found a lot of holsters there that you won't find anywhere else. I must say the Arma-Laser price is very good, you will be suprised at how inexpensive they are. I'm sure that once this company gets off the ground, the prices will soar. You can check them out at www.armalaser.com
billdeserthills

Postby sigma_pete » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:45 am

Bill:  Do any of the lasers fit the Skyy trigger guard? Any coversations with them about how many units they'd want committed before producing for a particular model (Skyy or otherwise).
Sigma_Pete

George Orwell: "That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
sigma_pete
Seasoned Member

Arma-Laser to fit Skyy

Postby billdeserthills » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:24 pm

Hello Sigma-Pete, I haven't tried to make one of these fit onto a Skyy firearm, but I will when I get back into my shop. I know that if you'll click onto the www.armalaser.com link, you'll see a place to click onto on their website, to suggest a new model to fit. I have suggested Skyy to them myself, but I think they want to see many many more people with the same suggestion before they pay the big money and have a mold created that will only fit one model of gun. You see, the Glock, Kahr and even the Kel-Tec arma-laser all fit a hell of a lot of guns, the Glock fits all the Glock models, the Kahr fits all the polymer frame Kahr guns and the Kel-Tec fits the fewest as it fits the P3AT (.380) and the P-32 (.32 auto) I notice they have plans to fit some new models after my visit to their sight yesterday, but right now, Skyy isn't one of the offerings.
 I'll get back to you after I try the ones I have on the Skyy.
billdeserthills

Postby sigma_pete » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:49 pm

Thanks. I noticed the same when I saw your link above. I figured I'd ask if you had any discussions with them about it. I was asking more out of curiousity than anything since I personally don't care much for lasers. I bought a LaserMax for my first Sig P226 because of the cool factor but never practice using it.
Sigma_Pete

sigma_pete
Seasoned Member

Laser Sight

Postby billdeserthills » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:19 am

Hello again Sigma-Pete, Well I know what you mean about not being interested in the laser sights. I have never owned one, until just purchasing these. Hell, I don't really feel like I own any of the guns or stuff I put into the big safe down at my shop.
I just always thought the laser sights were more of a toy for people who had too much money. I am starting to come around on the thought of having them on my personal guns though, and that is due to the way these Arma-Laser sights work. There is no button, or pressure switch, nor is there any need to flip on a switch before being able to use the laser sight. As far as I can tell, the off switch is merely for if you should decide to put the gun away, like in your safe for an extended period of time
 Once you flip the switch on, the laser is armed, but is not drawing any power until your finger is noticed by the sensor built into the laser, which is located on the inside of the triggerguard. After this sensor notices your finger is inside the triggerguard, the laser is activated and will stay on for 12 seconds, before automatically going back into it's "hibernation" mode. Should you desire it to be back on, you just move your finger an 1/8 to a 1/4 of an inch. You don't even need to completely leave the trigger to re-activate the laser. I just wish these would fit my carry guns, but unfortunately Arma-laser doesn't have any plans to fit my Desert Eagle, Sti Edge or FN Herstal any time soon, if at all. If you see one at a shop or gun show I encourage you to give it a try, really incredible how it works and the price is very low. Much lower than anything Lasermax has.
billdeserthills

ArmaLaser

Postby alhussieni » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:57 pm

i bought the CPX-1 9mm few days ago and i was looking a round for the ArmaLaser for the gun and i think i found it , the cpx-1 9mm frame is the same of KEL-TEC P11/P40 frame ans same size too and both of them are 9mm and the arma laser runs around $119.00, but i would like from SCCY to make more accessories  for this gun and i will buy if there is accessories ... thanks any way
alhussieni

Re: Laser sights?????

Postby dyno » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:14 pm

I looked at ArmaLaser today and saw that they are making a laser for the CPX-1 and 2 starting around Christmas!
dyno

Postby h2otoo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:24 am

Likewise, I have the ArmaLaser site bookmarked, been keeping an eye open for the SCCY laser. Now I see you can order one now, but they are not shipping till Christmas Eve... Just may make it to my Christmas list :D

Bob
h2otoo
Veteran Member

Postby h2otoo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:19 am

Finally, a picture of the product!!

http://www.armalaser.com/tr10.html

Looks good. I would have let them use my Gen II for the picture, if they had only asked :D But the Gen I does the job.

Bob
h2otoo
Veteran Member

Postby dyno » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:18 pm

NICE!!! It is on my list!
dyno

Return to SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 Accessories