Threaded barrel for CPX-2???

Forum for the discussion of SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 9mm compact pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

Threaded barrel for CPX-2???

Postby jrsanders1953 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:11 pm

OK, I'm just going to throw this one out there and see what I get back. I've been considering a suppressor for my CPX-2 (latest generation), but haven't as yet found anyone who makes a threaded barrel for it. I'd like to stay away from a custom machined barrel, as this would cost well over twice as much as the pistol did...at least!! The suppressor itself will take care of that $$$.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
SAFE SHOOTING!!
USAFVet_AR
jrsanders1953

Re: Threaded barrel for CPX-2???

Postby wknight40 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:34 pm

With so few, nearly none, customized stuff for the SCCY the only way would be a customized barrel. Only real customized stuff I have seen is a few sights, holsters, and a company with a customized trigger coming out next year.
wknight40
Veteran Member

Postby parkerd » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:01 am

Thinking that a suppressor on an "economy" firearm might be a problem causer. By the time you customized the SCCY the cost would be the same as buying a threaded barrel Sig. With all of the CPX's "issues" under normal operations, I can't imagine what a suppressor would do. Also consider how unmanageable a small lightweight pistol might be with extra weight hanging off the end.
parkerd
Veteran Member

Postby wknight40 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:25 am

Extra weight would keep the muzzle down.

I agree with parkered about cost. If you had the resources it would definitely be unique.
wknight40
Veteran Member

Postby Sccy-Captain » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:02 pm

We had one 3D printed, it doesn't fit in the slide. to make it fit we had to reduce the diameter, after doing that, there is no "lock up" at the muzzle end. it may funtion but it would be less accurate than a non-rifled muzzle loader.
No such thing as knock down power,
only knock down accuracy
Sccy-Captain
Veteran Member

Return to SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 Accessories