Blackhawk! inside-the-pants holster

Forum for the discussion of SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 9mm compact pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

Blackhawk! inside-the-pants holster

Postby cdsmith_2002 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:45 pm

I picked up a Blackhawk Inside-The-Pants holster. Size 05. Fits great. I like it better than the Don Hume I have for the 1911. Size 05 is a perfect fit. Turns out that I prefer the synthetic materials to leather. The pistol secures and draws very smoothly. $12.49 at Dunham's Sports. Made in USA.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Inside ... 47,137.htm

cdsmith_2002

Re: Blackhawk! inside-the-pants holster

Postby PBWHJ » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:12 pm

Thanks cdsmith. I was on the hunt for a good IWB and you steered me in the right direction. I just ordered mine from Amazon.
PBWHJ

Postby thecheaperthebetter » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:58 pm

blackhawk thanx for the info ill be picking one up from dunham's looks perfect on the pics i just pick my cpx 2 gen 2 today it fits my hand like a glove can't wait for saturday to shoot it :mrgreen: amazon is a good choice dunham's 1 mile from my house! :D
thecheaperthebetter

Postby PBWHJ » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:11 am

Indeed a great fit. Very comfortable. I am pleased although my next one will be with a retainer strap -- just a little worried my CPX-2 could wiggle loose out of this one if I am really active. Cheers!
PBWHJ

Postby thecheaperthebetter » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:56 pm

i bought the uncle mikes version of this one for $15 it feels really confi i also pick the bulldog for open carry in my back yard. just to get use to carry a gun i will get my permit soon! im all pro open carry if the cops didnt mess with law biding citizens!PBWHJ THANKS FOR THE TIP IN DUNHAMS! :D
thecheaperthebetter

Postby cdsmith_2002 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:04 am

I also picked up a Blackhawk size 04 Inside-the-pocket holster. Its a good fit and works very well. Another ~ $12 well spent. Made in the USA.
cdsmith_2002

Postby sccytoter » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:58 am

cdsmith_2002 wrote:I also picked up a Blackhawk size 04 Inside-the-pocket holster. Its a good fit and works very well. Another ~ $12 well spent. Made in the USA.
I need on of these too. I checked two of the gun stores around me and they were out of the size 4's. Lots of people pocket carrying 9mm's and .40 subcompacts I guess.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby USAF Long » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:25 am

The day I picked up my CPX-2 I asked the guy at the gun shop if he had a concealed holster that would fit this, we tried a few of the blackhawk holsters and found the size 5 fits nice. I bought it. I have a custom made black rawhide IWB holster for my other pistol and its a little too big for the SCCY so the blackhawk will work for now. If I go back to the gun show where I got my other holster I'll see if the guy has one or can make one that fits the CPX-2. If so, I might buy a few and sell them on here if anyone would be interested.
USAF Long

Postby h2otoo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:51 am

I use an ACE CASE IWB. Two holsters for $20, figured I give it a try till I found something better, and I very happy with it. Don't really need "something better". The ACE is very comfortable. A thumb snap would be nice, but works fine as is. That being said, I always keep my eyes open for something new.

Bob
h2otoo
Veteran Member

Postby USAF Long » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:04 am

Personally on an inside the waist holster, I prefer to not have any retention straps or snaps. If you need to draw that gun in a hurry, that will mess you up and could cost you your life. I'm a quick response drill instructor for my unit, and when split seconds count you don't have time to try to unfuck a retention strap. I have jogged with one of mine with no retention and it stays put.

Carry in condition red and be able to draw the weapon quick, fast, and in a hurry or you may be dead should you ever need to draw it. People that carry in a strapped holster, with no round in the chamber, with a manual safety engaged have nothing but a paperweight for self defense.
USAF Long

Postby h2otoo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:09 am

Practice makes the difference. I the past I have carried a Detonics 45 and a Beretta 86 in a DeSantis IWB with a thumb break (Same holster for both). Drawing the pistol was a single motion of grabbing the butt and thumb hitting the snap (firm leather, well placed snap). I would not want a thumb strap on a nylon or very soft leather. 'don't care for the snaps that go over the butt of the pistol and secure on the body of the holster, either. Agree 100% that a double action does not need a safety. When I carry the Beretta or even my Mak I leave the safety off. Love the CPX2. I think you will too.

Bob
h2otoo
Veteran Member

Postby sccytoter » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:21 am

Found a #4 pocket holster at the local GM finally. I still prefer to carry in the front pocket. Guess I'm not as skinny as I used to be in the Marines all those years ago. :lol:
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Return to SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 Accessories