Review of AceCase Tuck-able holster

User Reviews of Shooting Products and Accessories. New holster, mag, gun lubricant, etc... tell us about it!
End User reviews only.

Review of AceCase Tuck-able holster

Postby HootmonSccy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:03 pm

I have been using an AceCase leather holster since I purchased my Sccy (maybe 2 years).. I unfortunately lost the holster while hunting recently..
I was VERY happy with the holster (I use a left holster, on my right side at about 4:30 on my waist). It wore well and dealt with all the sweat that can get from the Hot Florida Weather..
I just purchased a new "Tuck-Able" holster from Ace case (size "J")

AceCase Tuck-able

This holster is even better.. I wear slacks and a polo shirt almost everyday and I'm in and out of peoples homes and places of work all day.. with my old holster it meant that my gun went into my laptop bag under a flap as keeping my shirt un-tucked was not an option.

With the new Tuck-able holster, I can carry my gun (I wear a tee-shirt under my polo shirt - between the holster and my skin) now everywhere I go. It is well concealed besides the metal clip and a little bit of nylon.. I wear a flashlight, a "leatherman" type tool and a Cell phone already, so the extra clip doesn't seem out of place.
I can bend, twist, etc and the gun remains concealed with my shirt tucked in..

I know companies like CrossBreed have nice tuckable holsters, but they are way more $$$ ($68) and have a large piece of leather against your body and two metal clips exposed...

I'm very pleased with my choice, and the holster is only $14!!

I would recommend this holster to anyone looking for an IWB holster Image
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Re: Review of AceCase Tuck-able holster

Postby usmale » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:53 pm

I just followed the link and bought 2 of them they have a deal for $19.98 shipped for 2
Sccy CPX2 two-tone #066XXX EDC
NRA Life Member
Glock Armour
usmale
Forum Regular

Postby HootmonSccy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:15 am

usmale wrote:I just followed the link and bought 2 of them they have a deal for $19.98 shipped for 2

Let us know what you think..
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby usmale » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:58 pm

very good holsters for the money, conceals well!
Sccy CPX2 two-tone #066XXX EDC
NRA Life Member
Glock Armour
usmale
Forum Regular

Postby HootmonSccy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:15 pm

I'm glad you like it and it turned out well for you.. It is my normal carry holster.
Ben Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby TerryZlion » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:18 pm

These are awesome and super affordable. Just got my order super fast but than again I live in Missouri and it shipped from in state. picked up one left and one right handed IWB Tuckable as i am a ambidextrous shooter. They also work pretty good for open carry just have to reverse left for right and right for left. Will for sure try other cases from this company in the near future!!!
TerryZlion

Postby HootmonSccy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:35 pm

Welcome Terry from Tampa Bay, Floriduh...
I would not use the Ace Case for open carry, it is too loose and has no retention..
I have since switched to a Cleveland's holster, but still like the ace case..
Ben Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby jax gunslinger » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:42 pm

I just picked up 2 aswell, one for my CPX2, and one for the PF9. Hard to pass up for $19.98.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby jax gunslinger » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:07 am

I recieved mine a couple days ago. They tuck down really low, and with a shirt that blouses out a bit its very hard to see. They fit my PF-9 really well, and with the CPX's thicker grip should be easier to draw. This deal is a "no brainer" especially at only $19.98 including shipping. FIVE stars!
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby HenryinFlorida » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:57 pm

I just ordered one of the tuckable and one pocket holster from them. How can you go wrong for $25 shipped. Good review.
HenryinFlorida
Seasoned Member

Postby wildsailor » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:27 pm

HenryinFlorida wrote:I just ordered one of the tuckable and one pocket holster from them. How can you go wrong for $25 shipped. Good review.

I did the same thing and bought the same two holsters. I do not have my CPX yet to try it out (still waiting for the log jam to clear) but they work with my Ruger SR22P pretty well. That is a bit big for a pocket gun but I was really surprised that it worked. Getting the grip past the top opening in my jeans was not smooth but the tuckable holster works real good for the SR22. Now I just need the CPX to complete the package.
regards,
Dan
SE Michigan
Ruger SR22P
SCCY CPX-2-B
SCCY CPX-1-TT
Sig P238 380 mini
wildsailor
Forum Regular

Postby HenryinFlorida » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:54 pm

wildsailor wrote:
HenryinFlorida wrote:I just ordered one of the tuckable and one pocket holster from them. How can you go wrong for $25 shipped. Good review.

I did the same thing and bought the same two holsters. I do not have my CPX yet to try it out (still waiting for the log jam to clear) but they work with my Ruger SR22P pretty well. That is a bit big for a pocket gun but I was really surprised that it worked. Getting the grip past the top opening in my jeans was not smooth but the tuckable holster works real good for the SR22. Now I just need the CPX to complete the package.

I know what you mean, I ordered my CPX-2 froms Buds Gun Shop last week, and they said up to 2 week delay in shipping.
I wear cargo shorts and the front pockets are pretty big, if that doesn't work I bet the cargo pocket will.
Good luck with yours when it arrives.
HenryinFlorida
Seasoned Member

Postby getvicious » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:46 pm

I wear cargo shorts and the front pockets are pretty big, if that doesn't work I bet the cargo pocket will.

I normally pocket carry my CPX-1 in the front pocket of cargo shorts. Works great. And yes, the cargo pocket works well but the pistol usually lays on the Slide with the Grip pointing up because the pocket is too wide to keep the pistol muzzle down. That works well too once you figure how to best position the pistol in the cargo pocket. :kickback:
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
[email protected]
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby wildsailor » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:52 pm

HenryinFlorida wrote:I know what you mean, I ordered my CPX-2 froms Buds Gun Shop last week, and they said up to 2 week delay in shipping.

I am now at the 2-week point with my order with Bud's and it is still sitting as 'processing.' I have watched the stock over these two weeks:

CPX-1-TT - remain in stock with delays in shipping
CPX-1-B - go out of stock
CPX-2-TT - go out of stock
CPX-2-B - go out of stock and then back in stock with delays in shipping

I continue to hope that I do not receive an email that says my order had to be cancelled because the stock is out (this happened at a different online gun store). I hope when I placed the order it reserved a gun for me and I am just waiting for the over-busy workers to catch up.

In the meantime I have the two AceCase holsters (tuck and pocket) as well as a cheapo nylon one off eBay that was $11. By the time Monday 1/21 rolls around I hope to either see some movement or I will be calling Bud's to get the scoop on what is going on.
regards,
Dan
SE Michigan
Ruger SR22P
SCCY CPX-2-B
SCCY CPX-1-TT
Sig P238 380 mini
wildsailor
Forum Regular

Postby HenryinFlorida » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:32 pm

wildsailor wrote:
HenryinFlorida wrote:I know what you mean, I ordered my CPX-2 froms Buds Gun Shop last week, and they said up to 2 week delay in shipping.

I am now at the 2-week point with my order with Bud's and it is still sitting as 'processing.' I have watched the stock over these two weeks:

CPX-1-TT - remain in stock with delays in shipping
CPX-1-B - go out of stock
CPX-2-TT - go out of stock
CPX-2-B - go out of stock and then back in stock with delays in shipping

I continue to hope that I do not receive an email that says my order had to be cancelled because the stock is out (this happened at a different online gun store). I hope when I placed the order it reserved a gun for me and I am just waiting for the over-busy workers to catch up.

In the meantime I have the two AceCase holsters (tuck and pocket) as well as a cheapo nylon one off eBay that was $11. By the time Monday 1/21 rolls around I hope to either see some movement or I will be calling Bud's to get the scoop on what is going on.

I have made a number of purchases from Buds, and when you buy it, they reserve it for you. They have never played that out of stock game with me. Bud's woun't even let you put in in your cart unless they have it in stock. Also, if you put it in your cart but don't checkout the will show it out of stock if you go back in to your cart, however if it's still in stock it will still be in your cart ready to check out. I don't know how anyone can beat buds.
HenryinFlorida
Seasoned Member

Next

Return to Product User Reviews