Size comparison . . .

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 and CPX-2 compact 9mm handguns.

Size comparison . . .

Postby rmocarsky » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:43 pm

Gunners,

Absolutely new here.

Very interested in the SCCY.

According to their web site their specs state that it is ALMOST IDENTICAL TO MY TEENY PHOENIX ARMS HP22, which I can pocket carry easily.

Yet, when I see the SCCY in people's hands, it looks larger.

Can anyone confirm if it is size-comparable with the Phoenix?

Rmocarsky
rmocarsky

Re: Size comparison . . .

Postby madmax » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Length wise it is about the same the difference comes in the width which is much wider and the height is taller.
Max
USCG Ret.
madmax
Veteran Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:10 pm

Thanx for the question..
SKYY S/N XXX69XX
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby rmocarsky » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:46 pm

My Phoenix Arms HP22 is 1" in width and 4.1" in height and it is 5.5" long and the weight is 20 OZ. empty.

That (according to the SCCY web site) is very, very close to the CPX2.

Rmocarsky
rmocarsky

Postby rmocarsky » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:52 am

and . . .

The SCCY Web site claims their pistol is 1 inch wide.

Rmocarsky
rmocarsky

Postby parkerd » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:25 am

I didn't measure them, but can slip the Phoenix 22 in any pants pocket and conceal it well. I can't hardly even fit the CPX in most pants pockets. Even if I can it creates a noticeable bulge. Because of the negligible recoil I can be extremely accurate with the Phoenix. Surprisingly comfortable trigger. Great gun for a hundred bucks plus a few cents.
parkerd
Veteran Member

Postby rmocarsky » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Nonetheless,

On the videos it LOOKS alot thicker than the Phoenix, which is 1".

Can any owners actually measure the width and see if it is really 1 inch?

Rmocarsky
rmocarsky

Postby parkerd » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:18 am

The Phoenix is 1". The CPX is 1 1/16 across the backstrap, but if you lay it on a flat surface it rises about 1 3/8 total across the grip because the grip panels bow out. If you carry the Phoenix IWB you don't have the bottom of the mag poking into you like the CPX, especially if you use the pinky extension.
parkerd
Veteran Member

Postby Renegade » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:03 pm

Do they even sell Phoenix 22s any more? Have not seen them around here in about three years....
Renegade

Postby parkerd » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:26 pm

I think they probably sell 50,000 or more each year. Gun dealers fight to get a supply. Life time warranty. Know many people have been firing them for 10 -12 years. Remember they are a .22, so they get a lot of bullets through them. Made in USA. Very accurate, wonderful trigger. Try one, you might like it.
parkerd
Veteran Member

Postby rmocarsky » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:01 pm

OP here,

Yeah . . . I love my Phoenix; I've had it for over 20 years and it has never jammed, period.

To the point (and the main gist of this whole thread):

I pocket carry my HP22 in Wrangler Jeans, front pocket in a Uncle Mikes pocket holster. It just looks like a wallet or something equivalent.

Going by SCCY's web site description of the CPX's dimensions I am led to think that maybe it too can be carried in the front pocket of Wrangler jeans.

BTW, I have a 32 inch waist.

Do you fellas think the CPX2 can be carried the same way?

When looking at pictures of it in the hand and when watching videos of it, I think not. It just appears larger than the Phoenix HP22.

Rmocarsky
rmocarsky

Postby parkerd » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:10 am

Not to be rude, but put on a pair of jeans, go to a gun store, stick a CPX in your pocket and see what you think. I think most people will say "look at the big ass gun in that guy's pocket" - but should be your decision - we can't tell you what to do.
parkerd
Veteran Member

Postby wknight40 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:30 am

I have a a 38-40 inch waist, about 195lbs. Though I have not carried my SCCY out of the house in a pocket I have carried inside the house on occasion. Front and back. Wife never notices, or does not comment about it. Now I do not wear my jeans tight. This is without a holster. It is not overly difficult to remove but with practice, and be a beginner I need it, it could be removed easily. Back pocket works great also.

As mentioned above though the best thing is to try one yourself. Each person has their own comfort level. Granted the hard part might be finding on locally then hoping the owner/dealer allows you to put it in your pocket out of their sight.
wknight40
Veteran Member

Postby Havasujon » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:18 pm

I pocket carry my CPX..It's been my favorite way to carry for 30+ years. In cargo shorts with large pockets it is well concealed. Everyone carries a mix of things in there pockets,from cell phones to wallets to pocket knives and junk. Never do I see anyone staring at my pockets..
Lake Havasu City,Az
Havasujon
Forum Regular

Postby rmocarsky » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:14 pm

Parkerd and Wknight40,

Believe it or not there is not a LGS in my area that HAS EVEN HEARD OF OF SCCY!!!

And, believe me, I know that your suggestions would be the easiest confirmation to my question, and I would have done that a long time ago, if possible.

Rmocarsky
rmocarsky

Next

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion