Gunblast review

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 and CPX-2 compact 9mm handguns.

Gunblast review

Postby madmax » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:25 am

Jeff Quinn just posted a report on the CPX-2 he like the gun. If your interested google it on gunblast.com
Max
USCG Ret.
madmax
Veteran Member

Re: Gunblast review

Postby Sccy-Captain » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:36 am

No such thing as knock down power,
only knock down accuracy
Sccy-Captain
Veteran Member

Postby 2ndAmendment4ever » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:33 pm

Great review. I like watching the videos from that guy at gunblast.com. I subscribe to him on youtube.
2ndAmendment4ever

Postby HootmonSccy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:51 pm

I sent an e-mail via the website, as I didn't see anything about the lifetime warranty...
SKYY S/N XXX69XX
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby jax gunslinger » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:40 am

I've always liked this guys reviews. But, have you ever seen him review a gun and say it was a total piece of sh@t? I wish he and others like him, would do follow up reviews at about 500 rounds. During that time they could break down the guns and identify potential ware issues, or any problems that may have occurred during the initial break in period. This could also document the manufactures warranty policies, and customer service if he had to use them.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby HenryinFlorida » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:25 am

I have also noticed that all his reviews seem to be positive. One explantion could be that he only posts reviews of firearms that he likes to help save him time. It does take production time to record and post reviews.

On the other hand, maybe he's never seen a gun he didn't like....lol
HenryinFlorida
Seasoned Member

Postby getvicious » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:04 pm

I read the Gunblast review and found it interesting. I have read his reviews where he gives the feel that "this is a decent gun, but.....". This review didn't have that feeling. It was uniformly positive, IMHO.

Having said that, I take all gun reviews with a grain of salt.

I read one review where the test pistol suffered a catastrophic failure and would not function at all (as opposed to a FTE). That equated to a total 100% fail rate. They got a 2nd pistol from the manufacturer and completed their test without other issues. So based on the sample size in the review that pistol suffered a 50% critical fail rate. They gave the pistol a glowing review.

Was that a fair review?
Is a single pistol (or two) given to a journalist for a review a realistic sample?

IMHO, reviews have their place but are more of a marketing tool than indicator of the quality or usefulness of a particular gun.
getvicious
Veteran Member

Postby jax gunslinger » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:44 pm

getvicious wrote:IMHO, reviews have their place but are more of a marketing tool than indicator of the quality or usefulness of a particular gun.

GV...... I could not agree more. I like the reviews that compare and rank several weapons at the same time, and same basic price point. These reviews often identify different features that one brand may offer over another. Additionally, if a range test is performed a single shooter can evaluate all of the firearms trigger pulls, recoil and accuracy. I read a really good review a while back comparing the Keltec P3-A, Taurus TCP, Ruger LCP and the Sccy MPX3.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:32 pm

jax gunslinger wrote:
getvicious wrote:IMHO, reviews have their place but are more of a marketing tool than indicator of the quality or usefulness of a particular gun.

GV...... I could not agree more. I like the reviews that compare and rank several weapons at the same time, and same basic price point. These reviews often identify different features that one brand may offer over another. Additionally, if a range test is performed a single shooter can evaluate all of the firearms trigger pulls, recoil and accuracy. I read a really good review a while back comparing the Keltec P3-A, Taurus TCP, Ruger LCP and the Sccy MPX3.

A SCCY MPX3? Really? I thought that was a vapor pistol (never really existed in the real world).
SKYY S/N XXX69XX
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby jax gunslinger » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:58 am

Ahhh Hoot ya caught me :) , I was just checking to see if anyone was paying attention.
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby BigSwede » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:04 am

OH Jax, Jax, Jax:

jax gunslinger wrote:

You disappoint me, trying to sneak in a vapor pistol. Not even a water pistol.

Ed
BigSwede
Seasoned Member

Postby getvicious » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:36 am

I read a really good review a while back comparing the Keltec P3-A, Taurus TCP, Ruger LCP and the Sccy MPX3.

Excellent!!!! :shock:
getvicious
Veteran Member

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion