Holster for CPX-2

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 and CPX-2 compact 9mm handguns.

Holster for CPX-2

Postby Bobjr59 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi Proud new Owner of a Brand New SCCY CPX-2 and I'd like to know who makes the best holster for them ?? any and all help would be appreciated and Thank You in Advance.
Bobjr59
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Holster for CPX-2

Postby rmacomaha » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Galco F129L STO460 inside the waste band fits it perfectly - Cabelas Or get your self some Kydex Look up on the internet, how to vacuum form one using an oven, shop vac, freezer bag and a bed sheet.
rmacomaha
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:23 pm

Re: Holster for CPX-2

Postby rmacomaha » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:47 pm

That's actually a Galco STO460 or Also known as the Galco Stow and Go It fits several guns Kel- Tec P11 & PF9 to name a few Shop the internet for the best price ~ $25

Now if you want to make first class Kydex holsters try this, you'll never buy another holster.
http://theprojectjunkie.com/guns-firear ... lster.html
This guy is brilliant. One thing about Kydex if you screw it up while folding it over your gun just throw it back in the oven
Make sure you let your CPX2 cool between screw ups and keep a empty clip in it. It is made of a plastic polymer as well but a lot higher melt index note: I used 350 degrees F. 3 1/2 minutes to heat the Kydex. He uses 375

Junior built a press, this kicks the crap out of that I have made two holsters one for my S&W 38 special revolver and a pocket holster for my CPX2
rmacomaha
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:23 pm

Re: Holster for CPX-2

Postby Bobjr59 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:18 pm

Thank You for the valuable information I enjoyed the videos and as soon as I'm able to buy some Kydex I'll make my holster then post pictures of it :)
Bobjr59
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Holster for CPX-2

Postby cobaltblue » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:27 pm

I bought 2 of these holters in black and brown and they fit great. I especially like how the leather rides high on the gun between it an my body to cut out sweat or rubbing on my skin. It was a great price too. http://www.ebay.com/itm/180543006865?ss ... 1497.l2649
cobaltblue
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:24 pm

Re: Holster for CPX-2

Postby basshnter1 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:55 am

I use the Galco sto474 IWB.
Says it's for the S&W m&p 9 compact and fits the cpx2 very well.
basshnter1
Forum Regular
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Holster for CPX-2

Postby dee24 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:43 pm

I have a remora holster for my cpx 2 :)
dee24
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:40 pm

Re: Holster for CPX-2

Postby h2otoo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:58 am

basshnter1 wrote:I use the Galco sto474 IWB.
Says it's for the S&W m&p 9 compact and fits the cpx2 very well.


Interesting... I will be picking up a M&P9c this week. Was planning on using that same holster I use for the full size, but if the SCCY holster fits I may use that. Will have to see which one feels better.

Bob
h2otoo
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:20 am

Re: Holster for CPX-2

Postby jokers777 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:18 am

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD POCKET HOLSTER FOR THE CPX2. I'M CARRYING IT MY FRONT POCKET RIGHT NOW, WEARING LEE JEANS. IT FITS PRETTY GOOD HARDLY SHOWS THE OUTLINE, BUT DOESN'T SLIP OUT THAT EASY. HAVE TO USE THE FLAT BOTTOM ON THE MAGAZINE. CAN'T USE THE INSIDE PANTS TYPE, UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE A GUT.
The U.S. Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people. It is a instrument for the people to restrain their government.
jokers777
Forum Regular
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:56 pm

Re: Holster for CPX-2

Postby bonefamily » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:31 am

jokers777 wrote:CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD POCKET HOLSTER FOR THE CPX2. I'M CARRYING IT MY FRONT POCKET RIGHT NOW, WEARING LEE JEANS. IT FITS PRETTY GOOD HARDLY SHOWS THE OUTLINE, BUT DOESN'T SLIP OUT THAT EASY. HAVE TO USE THE FLAT BOTTOM ON THE MAGAZINE. CAN'T USE THE INSIDE PANTS TYPE, UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE A GUT.


I haven't tried it, but I have my eye on this one:

http://pocketholsters.com/SKYYor_SCCY_P ... lster.html
Bryan

Disclosure - I am still a novice shooter. Please take my replies with that in mind, and that I am still learning.
bonefamily
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:59 pm
Location: central Ohio

Re: Holster for CPX-2

Postby 2ndAmendment4ever » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:39 pm

$55.00 seems a bit steep for that holster IMO.
2ndAmendment4ever
New Member
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:23 pm
Location: Southeast Ohio

Re: Holster for CPX-2

Postby jokers777 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:09 am

bought a remora 4art holster, perfect fit works great in front and rear pocket.
The U.S. Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people. It is a instrument for the people to restrain their government.
jokers777
Forum Regular
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:56 pm

Re: Holster for CPX-2

Postby HenryinFlorida » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:31 pm

I finally picked up my new CPX-2 from the FLL today. I already bought holsters for it from Ace Case. I took advantage of their 2 for $25 shipped offer. I am really happy with both the pocket holster and the IWB tuckable holster. Why would I spend more for anything else is beyone me...lol

Here is a pic:

Image
HenryinFlorida
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:18 am

Re: Holster for CPX-2

Postby scbubba » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:09 am

HenryinFlorida wrote:I finally picked up my new CPX-2 from the FLL today. I already bought holsters for it from Ace Case. I took advantage of their 2 for $25 shipped offer. I am really happy with both the pocket holster and the IWB tuckable holster. Why would I spend more for anything else is beyone me...lol

Here is a pic:

Image


Henry,
thanks for the pics and the info on the Ace Case holsters. Which size did you order for the tuckable holster?

Thanks,
Bubba
User avatar
scbubba
Forum Regular
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:38 am

Re: Holster for CPX-2

Postby HenryinFlorida » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:18 am

scbubba wrote:
HenryinFlorida wrote:I finally picked up my new CPX-2 from the FLL today. I already bought holsters for it from Ace Case. I took advantage of their 2 for $25 shipped offer. I am really happy with both the pocket holster and the IWB tuckable holster. Why would I spend more for anything else is beyone me...lol

Here is a pic:

Image


Henry,
thanks for the pics and the info on the Ace Case holsters. Which size did you order for the tuckable holster?

Thanks,
Bubba


I ordered the:
A202JRH Tuck-Able Holster (Leather - Right Hand) Sigma 380's (This is the tuckable size J for right hand)
A-978-B "GRIPPER" Pocket Holster - Slipless & Clipless (Kel-Tec 9mm, Ruger LC9, S&W Shield, Kahr 9mm/40)
(this one is the size B gripper)
And they both fit really good.
HenryinFlorida
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:18 am

Next

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

Join Florida Carry