+P ammo.....

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 and CPX-2 compact 9mm handguns.

+P ammo.....

Postby Sccy-Captain » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:15 pm

We have recently cleared all generation 2 pistols for limited use of +P rated ammunition, this applies to both the CPX-1 and CPX-2. Keep in mind +P ammo drastically accelerates wear. DO NOT USE +P IN GENERATION 1 FIREARMS!!!
No such thing as knock down power,
only knock down accuracy
Sccy-Captain
Veteran Member

Re: +P ammo.....

Postby HootmonSccy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:37 pm

Great!.. now how about a Beefier spring to reduce the wear factor?
SKYY S/N XXX69XX
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby jax gunslinger » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:21 pm

You tell um Hooty! :lol:
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby Robb » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:17 am

OOOOOO, Yeah!!!!!!!

I love this little equalizer. And it just keeps getting better.
Robb

Postby Sccy-Captain » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:06 am

"beefier" spring won't do anything for the wear, it may reduce it during recoil, but it will increase upon returning to battery. No free lunch. www.gunsprings.com
No such thing as knock down power,
only knock down accuracy
Sccy-Captain
Veteran Member

Postby BigSwede » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:55 pm

I am glad that SCCY has cleared the generation 2 pistols to use +P ammunition, the qualifier "limited use" does not give me much encouragement. As a light-weight compact pistol I would think that standard ammunition would be plenty strong for it. Also, recoil will be greater with the more power ful round. What say the SCCY experts?

Ed
BigSwede
Seasoned Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:22 pm

BigSwede wrote:I am glad that SCCY has cleared the generation 2 pistols to use +P ammunition, the qualifier "limited use" does not give me much encouragement. As a light-weight compact pistol I would think that standard ammunition would be plenty strong for it. Also, recoil will be greater with the more power ful round. What say the SCCY experts?

Ed

Regular rounds for practice, +p for carry and a few for practice...
SKYY S/N XXX69XX
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby getvicious » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:33 am

What Sccy-Captain said about +P ammo in the Gen 2's is pretty much the same as Kel-Tec says. Occasional use only, not a steady diet.
getvicious
Veteran Member

Postby jax gunslinger » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:29 am

I thought the Gen 2's, were basically the same gun as the Gen 1's with a re-designed grip. Other than that, whats the differance between the two? If they are the same, what makes the Gen 2 good for +p and not the Gen1? Does +P ammo have harder primers? Why use +P anyway? Don't we want the bullets to stay in the bad guy, not go through the wall into your neighbor? I'm so confused.............where am I? Cows.....what cows? :?
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby mark7mod0 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:12 pm

Hey Jax.....This song is for you and the cows....YouTube music ... Cows With Guns :D
mark7mod0
Seasoned Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:20 pm

There is more to the redesign than that.. I know the 2 has a Beefier slide (especially on the left side) the right side plastic above the trigger is thicker, the frame pins are smaller...
SKYY S/N XXX69XX
Benjamin Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby jax gunslinger » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:39 pm

jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:24 pm

jax gunslinger wrote:Loved it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMbXvn2RNI

A thread hi-jack if I ever saw one... But pretty funny...
SKYY S/N XXX69XX
Benjamin Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby jax gunslinger » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Yeah, we are kind of a loose bunch, thats why I like to hang out here...... :kickback:
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:26 pm

jax gunslinger wrote:Yeah, we are kind of a loose bunch, thats why I like to hang out here...... :kickback:

Ahhh, an anarchist in our midst...
SKYY S/N XXX69XX
Benjamin Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion