Trigger Pull

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 and CPX-2 compact 9mm handguns.

Trigger Pull

Postby BOB72 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:10 am

I am not a gunsmith nor would I attempt to do anything to the workings of the CPX2. I do have a question regarding the 9lb pull. Is it possible to reduce the trigger pull to something like6 lbs without creating a problem with the hammer strike? I think, and this is just a guess, that the pull is a function of a spring, the travel a function of the spring as well. (WAG's here.) Perhaps one of the designers would deign to put in a word or two here. I know that without a safety, the trigger pull acts as as a restraint against an accidental shot. I also know that the harder the pull, the greater the likelihood that aim is affected. Personally I would prefer a lighter pull. Comments welcome.
BOB72

Re: Trigger Pull

Postby Spider3586 » Mon May 16, 2011 12:40 am

You could research the Keltec Paper clip mod and see if it could work with the cpx
Spider3586

Postby HootmonSccy » Mon May 16, 2011 5:48 am

I've never heard of anyone successfully getting your request done..
I've never heard of anyone trying..
I have heard several people complain about the pull weight.
SKYY S/N XXX69XX
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby Easyrider49 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:46 pm

I really can't imagine any one complaining about the trigger pull on a SKYY or newer models , mine is as nice or nicer than any double action revolver I have handled ?
You want a nasty trigger pull try a P-11 , at least the couple I handled before buying a PF-9 ( which I got rid of because of the trigger ) the P-11 felt like the were in a sand box before I got to try them , and yes they were brand new . PF-9 i had never smoothed out at all , over five hundred rounds through it and a "fluff and buff" .
I am very happy with this pistol overall ( SKYY CPX-1 ).
Easyrider49

Postby kjolly » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:14 am

The CPX-1 Gen 2 trigger pull is much easier than the Kel Tec P-11 and much smoother which contributes to its accuracy.
Texas CHL - IDPA - NRA
Bersa 9HC (IDPA)
Kel Tec P-11
SCCY CPX-1 Gen 2 (EDC)
Hi-Point 995 Carbine (Monkey Gun)
CHL a Responsibility.
kjolly

Postby charmscool » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:40 pm

I'm wanting to reduce the pull on my 9 mm CPX-1 also, as mentioned by BOB72; does anyone know of literature describing a procedure from SCCY or perhaps a gunsmithing book for semi-autos?
charmscool

Postby ChrisTX » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:08 pm

You would have to have a replacement spring, and until they make one, there isn't anything you can do. The spring is a rather peculiar design, so I don't see companies like Wolff making one unless popularity goes way up.
ChrisTX
Veteran Member

Postby TexasLookout » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:23 pm

Having just a 2 day old NEW sccy cpx G 2 and have fired 162 rounds thru it today. The trigger pull is a bit to strong for me and my trigger finger was all bend out of shape. But all that said, for safety its a good idea especially if your sccy G 2 has a round in the chamber. Weighing in at just 21oz. with a full 10 rounds in the magazine its ultra light. A person in a hurry could put it in their pants pocket etc.... without a safety on the sccy G 2 that heavy trigger pull again at least to me adds a buffer for accidentally snagging the trigger and firing.
Another thought comes to mind is that we all know about the Heavy 9LB Trigger Pull. Mentally in a real case Scenario we all would know immediately what would need to be done to pull the trigger being a heavy pull.
TexasLookout
Forum Regular

Postby ChrisTX » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:10 am

They made it ridiculously heavy, and they didn't have to. Glock has about a 5lb trigger pull, and there's no issue with that. You can call that little lever on the Glock trigger a safety all you want, just like you can call the heavy trigger pull a safety, but neither one of them will go off unless you pull the trigger on a live round.
ChrisTX
Veteran Member

Postby HenryinFlorida » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:50 am

I have to agree that a slightly lighter trigger pull would be better in my opinion. I think it could be just as safe with a 7lb pull. Where not talking about a hair trigger.
Additionally, I don't think any pistol should be carried in a pocket without a in the pocket slip in holster. They are very inexpensive, and do help conceal the pistol.
HenryinFlorida
Seasoned Member

Postby feltrecoil » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:14 am

Maybe because I have shot revolvers I find many of these dao guns not to bad.I do not stage a trigger. I steadily pull all the way thru to break.As long as the pull is smooth and consistant I don't have a problem.I would say that this doesn't make for precise shooting but for self defense it is fine. Out to 15yds I am usually on com. Actually, compared to most revolver triggers I find the triggers on most semi's to be a little lighter.
feltrecoil
Veteran Member

Postby MrJeep » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:01 am

HenryinFlorida wrote:I have to agree that a slightly lighter trigger pull would be better in my opinion. I think it could be just as safe with a 7lb pull. Where not talking about a hair trigger.
Additionally, I don't think any pistol should be carried in a pocket without a in the pocket slip in holster. They are very inexpensive, and do help conceal the pistol.

I totally agree with having a pocket slip-in holster, from a safety aspect as well as for concealment purposes.
Reach for the SCCY
MrJeep

Postby Undersiege1 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:32 pm

I have shot mostly Browning Hi-powers, and 1911's most of my life so I have become real used to a single action pistol. But with the CPX pistols, it didn't take long to get used to the trigger 2 magazines and I was dialed in. I would'nt change a thing, just my 2 cents.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”
Edmund Burke
Undersiege1
Seasoned Member

Postby parkerd » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:22 pm

I like the trigger as is. For it is smooth and I feel safe with it. If you fire a Glock a lot the transition is from 3 stage trigger pull to just about any other is sometimes tough.
parkerd
Veteran Member

Postby Yiogo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:58 pm

I think the trigger pull is fine. I want a pretty long pull on a carry piece. Yes, there was an accident with a holstered Glock in a car. Yiogo
Yiogo
Forum Regular

Next

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion