CPX-2 Firing pin removal

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 and CPX-2 compact 9mm handguns.

CPX-2 Firing pin removal

Postby seadiamond » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:46 am

I have the new CPX-2, which I took to the range yesterday. I had several light strikes, or "failure to fire" during my first 50 rounds on this gun. During inspection, I noticed that the firing pin does not extend the full lengh of the channel, i.e, even when the back of the firing pin is manually pressed flush with the channel, it is at least 2-3 milimiters short of the channel and does not protrude out of the channel. This indicates to me that the firing pin is actually being "sent" through the channel after the hammer strike. I'm not sure I like this design. However, I would like to remove the firing pin to clean it out and rule out any debrie causing the light strike. The manual that came with the CPX-2 still shows the diagram for a CPX-1. I don't see the firing pin retainer screw being referred to on the top of the slide, in front of the rear sight, as shown on the diagram. Your help is appreciated!
seadiamond

Re: CPX-2 Firing pin removal

Postby HootmonSccy » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:56 am

seadiamond

Call Sccy and ask to speak to Don.. He will help you out with your concerns and questions..
SKYY S/N XXX69XX
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Re: CPX-2 Firing pin removal

Postby mattlaverty » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:28 am

Hello,

As HootMonSccy said, give us a call at (866) 729-7599 and we'ff figure out what is going on with your firearm. Please accept my apologizes for any inconvenience caused.
Matthew Laverty
Sales Manager
Sccy Industries
mattlaverty

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion